Janet and I plan to transition from home ownership to apartment living with the goal of a September 2020 move. Our must-have requirements are:
- Two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- In-apartment laundry.
- Walking distance to a Catholic Church.
- Easy access to transit.
In looking around, we favour the apartments on Gladstone Street. They are modern and meet our minimal requirements plus a whole lot more. We are quite taken with The Westwood at 2717 Gladstone Street, Halifax.
The amenities listed on The Westwood website are:
- Heated outdoor pool.
- Sky lounge and rooftop deck
- Six quality appliances
- Professional equipped fitness centre
- Designer kitchens
- Short walking distance to major grocery store & pharmacy
- Guest Suite
- Secure building with dedicated on-site manager
- Live in Resident Manager
- Indoor secure parking available
- Indoor car wash bay
There are numerous floor plan options. Our first choice is Unit type 006 as shown below. The features that caught out attention are:
- There is a pantry in the kitchen.
- The guest bedroom is near the main bathroom.
- The living / dinning area is wide open and will accommodate a large table for family and potluck dinners.
- There is a lot of closet space in the master bedroom.
We have a friend who lives in this building and is pleased with it as a place to live. We expect it will take a while for our preferred unit to become available. The location is perfect for us so we will gladly take anything available to become residents and wait-list to make a move to our first choice floor plan when able.
This is an exciting change in our near future. Here’s hoping the house sells quickly.