Hello my friends
A number of people who follow my ramblings are encouraging me to bring my posts together as a longer story. I started that project a couple of months back and have settled on an approach where I tell my story from the perspective of a new friend Kurry. Writing as a 3rd person allows me to talk about things with a different voice than when I use my own perspective. Both are still mine but they differ … not sure how exactly but they do.
It strikes me that as regularly readers, you might have a perspective on how this project unfold. I’m interested in any opinion you’d like to share. Here’s my thoughts on what might be possible candidates:
- A focus on how to find your own voice when you get life-altering news such as a cancer diagnosis.
- Human-speak details about treatments.
- The emotional roller coaster and how to keep from using your mind.
- Dealing with the eventuality of death and making end-of-life plans.
- Putting together a bucket list of adventures.
- How to share what lays ahead with your family, friends, and anyone who is important in your life.
- Finding mental peace.
- How faith factors into living well within your own skin.
- Dealing with the sense of being trapped in a body that is failing you.
I think you get the idea.
I ask that you write your ideas as a “POST COMMENT” using the button at the bottom of this message. That will allow others to see your thoughts and potentially trigger other ideas.
I have spend a lifetime telling students and others that the only “stupid idea and/or question” is the one that goes unshared. Anything goes my friends.
As always, I thank you for being in my corner as support pillars and a huge shoutout to God for continuing to hold my hand and be the source of courage I need to deal with the road I’m travelling right now.
Peace, Love, and Laughter