I continue to heal and recharge with another week of rest behind me. Here’s a quick summary:
- Today my weight is 79 kg (174 lbs). I’ve been at that weight consistently for a couple of days.
- I can swallow almost everything with little difficulty. I still keep water handy when I eat just in case but it feels good be eating regular food. I fill up quickly so perhaps that’s a positive outcome. I still chew every mouthful a lot and I understand we should do that anyway so that’s a habit to keep going forward.
- The ache in my chest around my breast bone is hardly noticeable. My ribs are a little sore but compared to where I was, it’s nothing special.
- I sleep pretty well through the night and wake up more rested. I’m dreaming more than I have for a long time.
- I tire quickly but I can correct that with a rest for an hour or so. It gets better every day so that’s good.
I think I’m doing well. I still wait to get my dates for additional procedures and surgery. I was expecting to have my second PET Scan and Endoscopy around now with surgery late in April. I just got a May 5th date for the PET Scan so I guess my the Endoscopy and surgery will be mid-May.
In the big picture, I am on the mend. Like everyone, I look forward to the time when we can start to spend time with our friends.
As always, I appreciate every time you reach out with support and curiosity about my status. It is great to have you at my side.
Peace, Love and Laughter
PS – I ask you keep the following on the down-low. I was granted a privilege unavailable to other adults in the Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth preparing for The Rite of Christian Initiation. They are in a holding pattern until a resumption of in-person church services. Because of my pending surgery and cancer treatment, in a private service on Easter Sunday, I received the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and the Eucharist. I thank Father Toochukwu Okafor for a wonderful and moving service, Chris O’Hara for the music, Becca O’Hara for the organization and readings, and Rev. Mr. Larry Worthen for serving as my sponsor. It is my honour to receive the seven gifts of confirmation: wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and awe of the Lord.