Starting in January 2021, Janet and I have been taking short trips to stay in a cottage or Airbnb at various locations throughout Nova Scotia. Typically we head out Thursday around 1:00 pm and return home Sunday morning.
The requirements for Airbnb locations are;
- There must be cooking facilities. We are not looking for a hotel room. However, we plan to take advantage of any near-by interesting looking restaurant.
- There must be a fire place. My preference is wood-burning but clearly there is a convenience of gas where there is no hassle of stocking with wood on a continuous basis.
- We like to have internet connectivity so we stay on top of family posts.
- We like to spend the days reading, writing, and relaxing. We do not need a TV but many places have that service by default. We might watch a news cast but we are not going places to do what we do at home.
- We are taking prepared means such as Lasagna, Shepherd’s Pie, Meatloaf and Stew.
I plan to chronicle our travel experience with a blog post and record general details on a page in case you find our destinations are locations you might like to visit.
- January 20 – 24, 2022: Beachside Escape in Queensland, NS (with Funky Funloving Friends)
- December 8 – December 12, 2021: Train to Quebec City, QC – Stay at Chateau Frontenac – Train Home
- October 21 – October 24, 2021: The Crow’s Nest, Boylston, NS
- October 7 – 11, 2021: Beachside Escape in Queensland, NS
- September 10 – 22, 2021: Road Trip
- September 21, 2021: Sight Seeing in Quebec City, QC (Phil, Drew)
- September 18 – 19, 2021: Weekend with Pinecrest Friends, Go Home Lake, ON (Janet not on this trip)
- September 16 – 18, 2021: Catchup with Ryan, Toronto, ON (Janet not on this trip)
- September 15, 2021: Visit with Owen in Peterborough, ON (Phil, Drew)
- September 14, 2021: Family Party with the Leahys in Ottawa, ON (Phil, Drew)
- September 13, 2021: Sight Seeing in Montreal, QC (Phil, Drew)
- September 10 -12: The BOYS Pilgrimage to Montreal, QC (Phil, Adam, Chris, Drew)
- September 3, 2021: Maple Inn, Parrsboro, NS – Cottagers & Indians at Ship’s Company Theatre
- August 12 – 15, 2021: AirBnB – Beautiful Sunsets & Oceanfront Getaway, Corkums Island, NS
- August 7, 2021: BnB – The Parrsboro Mansion Inn, Parrsboro, NS – Good Grief at Ship’s Company Theatre
- July 10, 2021: BnB – The Parrsboro Mansion Inn, Parrsboro, NS – Half Cracked at Ship’s Company Theatre
- July 8 – 10: AirBnB -The Captains Quarters, Advocate, NS
- March 25 – 28: AirBnB – Forest Glade Country Retreat, Margaretville, NS
- February 18 – 21, 2021: Cabin Rental – Tidal Bore Rafting Resort, NS