Not all plans come together. Today proved to be a prime example. I turned into a driveway too sharply and hit the curb which blew a hole in the sidewall. At 4:40 PM on a Tuesday, there is nowhere I can find to buy a tire and have it installed.
This is what my travel plans were:
- Head out around 7:00 PM to drive to Toronto. I like driving at night when the roads are quieter. Normally I stop along the way for catnaps so I stay fresh. It is about 1,800 km on divided highways most of the way.
- Arrive mid-afternoon Wednesday, have a nap, and head to As You Like It at Shakespeare Bash’d. My son Drew is directing this production.
- Visit friends in Toronto on Thursday.
- Fly form Toronto to Boston early Friday morning.
- Fly from Boston to Amsterdam Friday evening.
- Arrive mid-Saturday in Amsterdam which leaves a few days before the start of the race on Wednesday.
The flat tire puts a wrench in that plan. My hope is to ready to hit the road by noon Wednesday.